Mark is a highly experienced employment lawyer, advising and assisting employers of all types across a wide range of industries.
He helps employers manage, prevent and mitigate workplace risks by:
- setting up employment structures through enterprise agreements, employment contracts and consultancy contracts;
- effecting change in workplaces through restructures, mergers and termination of employment generally;
- advising on the misconduct, performance management and management of ill and injured employees.
Where disputes and issues arise, Mark handles claims and workplace matters including:
- enforcing post-employment restraints;
- defending litigation, such as unfair dismissal and general protection applications, discrimination complaints, breach of contract proceedings and safety prosecutions;
- acting for employers under Employment Practices Liability policies.
Mark appears as an advocate in the Fair Work Commission, both at first instance and on appeal.
He is known for approaching matters practically and pragmatically, in a timely fashion and his leading expertise is widely recognised in the profession.
Mark is the author of “Australian Commercial Precedents: Employment Agreements”, and a contributor to “National Workplace Relations”, both published by Thomson Reuters.
Presentations and Seminars
Roundtable discussion with clients on casual conversion and the decision in Rossato and mandatory vaccinations, October 2021