Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Restructuring and Insolvency team solve legal issues for creditors, directors, distressed companies, insurers and insolvency practitioners.
We are skilled at generating innovative and practical solutions for our clients and strive to minimise the effect and impact of a restructure or an insolvency.
Our specialists have experience across all Australian jurisdictions and internationally. As a member of the Harmonie group, we have strong relationships internationally to draw upon if there is an international focus or element to a client’s restructure or insolvency.
Our team includes specialist and professional members of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA), membership with the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) and professional membership with INSOL International (INSOL), which is a world-wide federation of national associations for lawyers and accountants who specialise in turnaround and insolvency.
Our team has longstanding relationships with regulators, restructuring & insolvency professionals, litigation funders and lenders which enables our clients to focus their attention on what matters most:
- retaining value in distressed entities
- successfully turning around distressed entities
- should entities be placed into liquidation – maximising the return to creditors and its shareholders.
We understand the need to preserve value in distressed entities. We focus our attention on:
- solving legal problems that will generate meaningful returns
- safeguarding and guiding the appointee in the performance of their role as external administrators
- actively managing the lifecycle of a restructuring or insolvency matter from a legal perspective to deliver efficient and commercially advantageous outcomes to stakeholders.
Click here for our Restructuring & Insolvency Limelight articles.