Gilchrist Connell offers its clients a team of experts across Australia to efficiently and effectively manage all types of property claims.
Benefit from our experience
We have expertly handled numerous matters involving:
- major ISR
- loss of profits
- fire and arson
- machinery breakdown
- carrier’s liability.
Specific major construction claims that we have handled include:
- the Sydney Cross City Tunnel collapse,
- the collapse of the Riverside Golf Clubrooms,
- the Patawalonga floods claims in South Australia,
- destruction by fire of a Barbeques Galore store at Kilburn in South Australia
- the Eastern Treatment Plant extension works at Bangholme in Victoria
- the collapse of the retractable light towers at the Adelaide Oval, and
- the flooding of the Ensham Mine in Queensland.
We can assist you in negotiating the sometimes rocky waters of matters involving limited coverage or partly excluded losses, underinsurance, and sharing costs and proceeds of recoveries involving uninsured loss
Our strong expertise in professional indemnity adds value to our property clients – providing comprehensive advice and support particularly when potential recoveries come to be considered.
Our team has strong working relationships with all of the major property adjusters, and with experts including forensic engineers, building experts and fire cause examiners. This provides our clients with the benefit of priority access to their services, as well as training and informal, ad-hoc opinions.
We provide our clients with a thorough forensic due diligence analysis of the claim, whilst at all times remaining sensitive to the relationship between the insured and our client, and to the insured’s commercial relationships.
Contact us for further information on how our property team can assist you.