EPL & ML
Our expert workplace team will navigate the minefield of workplace liability risks – whatever the claim, wherever the jurisdiction and whatever the industry.
We have a proven track record in delivering timely, excellent results to clients, and in providing tailored solutions for every workplace situation.
By understanding the emotional and organisational factors at play and managing the stress and fallout of workplace disputes, we are consistently able to drive better outcomes.
We work efficiently to demystify the process and then get to work resolving the matter in whichever court, tribunal or commission it may arise. Our team’s experience spans the myriad of jurisdictions in this unique practice area, and our on the ground presence means we can handle your dispute wherever it arises.
For more detail on our Employment Practices expertise see our Employment page.
Management Liability – the full gamut
Our capability covers the full gamut of ML claims, including associations liability, SME, D&O, statutory liability and non-cyber crime. Our insured clients are individuals, companies, partnerships, government bodies and incorporated associations (including sporting and not for profit organisations). As well as myriad D&O matters, the scope of ML matters we have handled includes:
- statutory liability: including with respect to investigations by regulatory bodies such as Worksafe, Comcare, ASIC and the Department of Commerce;
- in litigation challenging the practices of incorporated associations surrounding expulsion of members;
- acting for a small business owner in relation to an unfair dismissal / general protections claims;
- breach of statutory obligations claims brought by a dismissed casual employee
- breach of natural justice claims against insured associations.
We work to minimise your risks
We provide a risk mitigation complete solution for the entire life cycle of an employment relationship, including:
- advice on implementing a fair dismissal policy or advice about managing ill and injured workers
- drafting employment agreements
- advice on making enterprise agreements
- advice and representation regarding disputes about restraints of trade or confidential information
We provide commercial, strategic advice and a tailored solution for every workplace situation – whether assisting employers to avoid claims through our advisory service, resolving the full range of workplace disputes for employers and insurers.
Click here for our EPL &ML Limelight articles
Contact us for further information on how our specialist teams can assist you.