Our national capability in construction spans large-value infrastructure disputes, contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, defects claims, injury claims and home building/warranty disputes.
Our client base is diverse. We act for insured professionals, developers, project companies, major contractors, consultants and owners, on both insured and uninsured construction matters in relation to building and construction disputes.
This practice involves a wide variety of matters including payment disputes, claims involving defects to apartment buildings and complex contractual claims involving multiple parties.
Our service is:
We routinely handle issues that occur in commercial, domestic and residential projects and provide strategic, risk management and coverage advice to our insurer clients.
We understand the unique characteristics of, and the often emotional attachment of parties to, construction claims. We also understand the needs of insurers. We are therefore able to provide a high quality, tailored and proactive service. We have had great success in achieving advantageous results via negotiations and alternative dispute resolution.
Our experienced team is located across Australia to service the particular needs of any given claim at short notice.
The depth of our expertise, and our national presence, provides us with the resources to service both defence and coverage work for all types and sizes of claims, regardless of where they occur. This includes not only the five jurisdictions in which we have offices, but also the Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania and the Northern Territory. We work together as part of a group and are used to running matters from a variety of locations.
The experience we bring to claims
Specific major construction claims that we have handled include:
- the Sydney Cross City Tunnel collapse
- the collapse of the Riverside Golf Clubrooms
- the Patawalonga floods claims in South Australia
- destruction by fire of a Barbeques Galore store at Kilburn in South Australia
- the Eastern Treatment Plant extension works at Bangholme in Victoria
- the collapse of the retractable light towers at the Adelaide Oval
- the flooding of the Ensham Mine in Queensland
- various works on the Sydney train network
- stormwater system litigation in the Northern Territory
Contact us for help with your construction claims and disputes.