Nick has a wealth of legal and industry experience and knowledge. He has strong technical skills and the strategic awareness to master and appropriately deal with litigious claims and legal problems, while ensuring his clients remain updated and aware of the likely outcomes.
His experience includes:
- acting in the defence of solicitors, accountants, financial planners, engineers and mortgage brokers and originators
- defending large scale group proceedings (class actions) in the Federal Court of Australia
managing employment and workers compensation exposure for employers and scheme agents
- representing directors of companies in regulatory investigations, in interviews under caution, disciplinary proceedings, Coronial Inquiries and Police investigations
- acting for a large scale engineering employer in respect to allegations of breach of the WH&S legislation because one of its apprentices was bullied and subsequently took his own life
- dealing with many hundreds of recovery claims for underwriters
- dealing with ASIC inquiries and press releases in respect to the conduct of by financial planners and high value losses to unsophisticated investors
Nick has been described by his clients as solid, hardworking and reliable.