Jessica has had a broad legal experience in both the public and private legal sectors gaining a wealth of experience in litigation and contractual negotiations.
Jessica acts for clients in a range of litigated professional indemnity and liability claims. Her liability experience includes significant recovery actions, personal injury, and representing client’s in coronial proceedings. She holds particular experience within the educational sector.
From a professional indemnity perspective, Jessica has acted for construction professionals including building surveyors, architects and contractors, real estate agents and taxation agents.
Jessica also acts for clients in a variety of workplace relations and employment law claims. She defends and provides advice to clients responding to investigations and prosecutions brought by a range of regulators including workplace health and safety.
Due to Jessica’s significant litigation experience she has represented her clients across jurisdictions including the High Court of Australia, Federal Courts of Australia, Supreme Court of Victoria and County Court of Victoria, and relevant tribunals.
Jessica’s areas of expertise include:
- Acting for construction professionals including building surveyors, architects and contractors;
- Acting for directors and officers in civil proceedings
- Acting for other professionals including real estate agents
- Acting for insurers in large scale and complex recovery matters
- Defending clients in workplace, health and safety matters
- Acting for employers in unfair dismissal and general protections proceedings
- Defending insurers in a variety of product liability claims
As well as practising in insurance and civil litigation, Jessica also has significant litigation experience in criminal law having previously worked as crown prosecutor.
Jessica also has experience working in the London market in a variety of in-house roles. This experience has provided her with a broad understanding of the processes and general operation of the London market.
Jessica presents seminars and workshops to both the legal and non-legal sectors on risk management in the legal/education sector. Jessica takes pride in ensuring that she achieves the best possible results for her clients and implementing the best strategy for the claim.