Gaurav is the national head of Gilchrist Connell’s Corporate practice. He is a corporate and commercial law specialist who acts for mid-cap, listed and family office businesses on local and cross-border matters, across a range of business types and industry sectors, and is known for his work on complex and high risk deals, advice and litigation.
He joined Gilchrist Connell after running his own successful practice and team for 9 years, and has a deep network, ranging from accounting firms to banks, which he leverages to assist clients.
Gaurav’s focus is advising businesses during all stages of their life cycle, from initial structuring, funding and scaling up, to organic and M&A driven growth, through to the gamut of liquidity events. He provides advice through the lens of that life cycle, to ensure long term viability and protection.
Some examples of Gaurav’s expertise include:
- Corporate: structuring, asset protection, transactions, local and cross-border M&A, joint ventures
- Warranty and Indemnity Claims: front-end advice to insurers in respect of the transaction documents which form the basis of a warranty and indemnity claim, working collaboratively with Gilchrist Connell’s coverage and defence teams to create a unified strategy for the claim.
- Commercial: commercial contracts, dealing with assets, franchising, distribution, licensing and intellectual property
- Litigation: corporate, commercial and property litigation, particularly complex, large and urgent matters in the Supreme and District Courts
- Banking and finance: term sheet, facility and security documentation, dealing with real property and PPSR security matters, particularly for large investment funds and asset managers
- Property: retail, commercial and industrial real property sale and lease transactions, with particular expertise in managing high volume, multi-site and network based matters