Catherine is a highly experienced employment law specialist, with expertise across all aspects of employment and industrial law.
She has spent her entire career in employment law, previously running a successful private practice advising employers and senior executives on all areas of employment law including:
– commercial and employment disputes
– the preparation and implementation of employment agreements and policies
– advice on termination of employment and performance management, and
– the development and implementation of performance based incentive plans.
Catherine has worked with employers and senior employees from across Australia and internationally and is experienced in advising employers (and employees) in international deployment and return of personnel. She is particularly interested and experienced in the areas of developing contracts of employment and policies, restraint of trade, protection of confidential information, managing employee performance and termination of employment.
After ten years as an employment lawyer, Catherine is an advocate for prior planning and implementation of sound contractual instruments and (non-contractual) guidelines or policies that effectively:
– minimise the risk of future liability
– reduce the frequency and severity of disputes, and
– provide a framework within which the employer can successful manage its workforce.
Catherine prides herself on being readily available to clients, responding to questions or concerns as they arise and helping equip them to proactively manage their workforce.